Access To Zen Meditation Group
Latest Sangha Updates:
- To listen to talks from these meetings, go to "Teachings" tab
When: Mondays, 7:30—9PM (please arrive by 7:45 so our Greeters may be able to join the meditation)
Where: Port Workspaces (Kaiser Mall location) Yoga Room, 344 20th St., Oakland CA 94612
Topic arise out of every day life. At times, a topic will be presented as a series. Feel free to come for full or part of the series.
Cushions and chairs provided by the space. Please bring your own paper/notebook and pens. Our space is wheelchair accessible.
- Contact our Volunteer Coordinator Lucy to sign-up! firstname.lastname@example.org
Honor Payment System
No one will be at the door to take your payment. You are invited to put your fee in & name on a provided envelope.
Sliding-scale fee: (with income -match guide)
- Pay-it-Forward: $30 / visit (more than $75K)
- Standard: $25 / visit (between $35 -$75K)
- Limited Income: $20 / visit (less than $35K)
- Pledge Members: Please sign-in with a Greeter. Your on-going support is appreciated!
- No one turned away for lack of funds due to economic hardship.
Please put cash or check in provided envelopes. Send PayPal payments to: email@example.com
Would you like to support this meditation group on a regular basis?
Become a Pledge Member!
- Pay-it-Forward: $120 / month (more than $75K)
- Standard: $100 / month (between $35 -$75K)
- Limited Income: $80 / month (less than $35K)
- Just 'Cause ("No funds turned away for lack of one/self"): <$80 ->$120/ monthly or any time
Please send reoccurring PayPal payments to: firstname.lastname@example.org --- Pledges which comes in on the same day at the beginning of each month is appreciated as it helps us to know our expenses will be covered. Thank you!
- 30 minute zazen/meditation
- 30+ minute Dharma talk
- 20+ minute Q&A or a small group discussion
- Dedication of merit and socializing. At times, practice suggestions.
Some sessions will be video- or audiotaped -- only of the teacher or guest teacher(s).
If you would like to participate remotely, you can do so with Zoom. ** Please follow the Sliding-scale fee presented above under "Honor Payment System." Thank you for your support!
If you’re new to Zoom or to our sitting group, visit this link. This will download Zoom client onto your computer and automatically launch the meeting. Zoom is available for Windows and Mac computers as well as Android and iPhone devices.
If you already have Zoom client you can use this Meeting ID to connect:
The meeting starts at 7:15PM PST, 15 minutes before the 7:30PM meditation. Please connect between 7:15 and 7:30.
To preserve people’s privacy these sitting group meetings are not recorded on Zoom. If you have any problems using Zoom, please email Anton <email@example.com>
Feel free to bring friends, family, benefactors, neutral persons, difficult persons, enemies, and all beings—ALL are welcomed!